Being creative doesn’t mean that you are genius in some artistic field. In order to be creative you don’t even have to be talented or extraordinary skilled, you don’t have to devote your life to some art. You just have to stimulate your thought and senses.
This is how you can do it:
- Take notes – anytime anywhere, on a napkin or receipt, on a train ticket… it doesn’t matter if you keep them afterwards, but if you wish to keep them, you can write a diary or collect some short stories that come to your mind. It is important to stimulate yourself to express in words ideas and feelings and transmit them on the paper.
- Make things with your hands – whatever you wish or you feel like doing. The result is also not so important. Just spend 30-40 minutes every day actually creating something. There is always something! You are invited to a birthday – pack the gift beautifully yourself! Something at your home is broken – try to fix it! Draw a postcard or make a collage if you can’t draw! Make yourself a paper hat and paint the ceiling! Cook! The bottom-line is that the more you do, the more you feel like doing and at some point you will find something you enjoy a lot.
- Break the routine! Try to organize your life the way that at least twice every month you do something you have never done before. You can visit a new town, a new country or a museum. You can try a new hobby or a new sport. Try to meet new creative people, exchange ideas.
- Daydream! Daydreaming is when you let your thoughts flow freely without censuring them during any sort of activity. Some people manage do this during meditation, some people do it during analytical psychotherapy, it doesn’t really matter how you do it, but you need to leave some space to your thoughts to get manifested. You can think about your goals and dreams, your past, your feelings etc. You need to be relaxed and to let it happen without focusing too much on one thought. You even don’t have to dedicate some extra time for it. I do it when I ride in the metro – I just stare trough the window in the dark and think about myself.
- Keep a dialogue with your body! First, you have to be physically active. Pay attention to the nice sensations when you eat or during sex, try to really understand what you love and why. When you are in pain try to relax and understand it, try to express it with words or images. Take up yoga, dancing or some sport like rock climbing, fitness etc. Focus on the sensations produced in every muscle.
The success will be guaranteed if you try all of these techniques to increase your creative side and get familiar with your feelings and sensations. I also believe that this will make you happier, especially if you share some of these special moments with you family and friends.
If you like my writing, you can donate some small amount of money so I can dedicate more time to this webpage and to consult people in need via e-mail.
Thanks in advance!